Pages

Thursday 18 August 2011

Coraline - Neil Gaiman

Coraline was a book brought to my attention because friends of mine have seen the film and said it was fairly good. So I read it and I must say I wasn't very impressed... It was a good concept - young coraline gets sucked away from her parents into an alternative world and is held hostage there by an alterntive mother and father. But it seemed altogether a very rushed book, events were either to far spread apart or came in a mad rush of excitment. I think this book might have been too young for me but I think - even as a younger child - it would disapoint me. I give it a two - but hats off to the author for a very good concept!




2 comments:

  1. i've been meaning to read that book for ages btu had heard mixed reviews. would you recommend it to someone who likes mystery and suspence books?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Probably just stick to the film!

    ReplyDelete

read the printed word!